Designated safeguarding children lead training course
Our training will provide you with an advanced level of child protection knowledge and skills. This course is crucial for anyone who is the safeguarding lead for children and young people. The CPD certified training will enable you and your team to recognise and respond appropriately to child abuse concerns and referrals.
This CPD accredited course is for Designated Safeguarding Leads
- legal responsibility and duty of Designated Safeguarding Lead
- practice examples and learning from serious case reviews
- factors to consider when there is a child welfare concern or allegation
- confidentiality and information sharing
- child sexual exploitation and FGM
- how to overcome organisational barriers to reporting concerns
Attendees will develop an advanced knowledge of child protection and safeguarding.
- be able to describe the role and responsibilities of the Designated Safeguarding Lead
- know what actions to take to ensure the safety and welfare of children and young people with whom their organisation has contact
- considered the blocks to staff reporting concerns and how to address these
- explored how to make appropriate decisions about the action to take when informed of a concern
- identify best practice for confidentiality, sharing of information and recording practices
- develop an awareness of the emotional dimension of safeguarding work and identify a network for personal support
Who should attend?
This course is for designated safeguarding leads and deputy safeguarding leads working in education, housing, health, charities, sports or leisure sectors any other area that involves working with children or adults.
CPD Standards Office accredited course ref no 60036/38.
Ask about in-house courses
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 25 delegates, trained at your premises. It can be adapted to your organisation’s training and CPD requirements.