Practical understanding of Deprivations of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) training course
Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards can only be used if a person will be deprived of their liberty in a care home or hospital. Get a practical understanding of these scenarios and learn how to put DoLS processes in place.
Our CPD-accredited course gives examples and practical assistance for frontline staff, registered managers and team leaders working in care, health and related services.
- an exploration of the ‘acid test’
- an outline of the DoLS processes in health and care accommodation
- the application and knowledge of practical scenarios
- examples of requests for authorisation and assessments.
Attendees will get a practical knowledge of how best to safeguard people deprived of their liberty. Participants will:
- understand the key relationship between the Mental Capacity Act, DoLS processes and human rights
- be able to explain the ‘acid test’
- gain awareness of how a request for authorisation can be made
- gain an understanding of the roles and responsibilities within DoLS processes in health and care accommodation contexts
- know how to apply the acid test in health and care settings to identify a DoL
- gain an understanding of the DoLs assessment processes
- learn development of, and application of, knowledge to practice scenarios.
Who should attend?
For frontline staff, registered managers, and team leaders in care, health and related services.
Mental Capacity Act – Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards: in practice course is delivered over one day.
Ask about in-house courses
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 25 delegates, trained at your premises. It can be adapted to your organisation’s training and CPD requirements.
Book a place on an open course
We occasionally deliver this training course as a one day open access classroom course on selected dates. These courses are designed for individuals or small groups to attend.
No dates currently scheduled for this course.
Register for a MySCIE account and SCIELine, our regular email bulletin, to recieve details of when new dates are announced.