Practical understanding of Deprivations of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) training course
Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards can only be used if a person will be deprived of their liberty in a care home or hospital. Get a practical understanding of these scenarios and learn how to put DoLS processes in place.
Our CPD accredited course gives examples and practical assistance for frontline staff, registered managers and team leaders working in care, health and related services.
- an exploration of the ‘acid test’
- an outline of the DoLS processes in health and care accommodation
- the application and knowledge of practical scenarios
- examples of requests for authorisation and assessments.
Attendees will get a practical knowledge of how best to safeguard people deprived of their liberty. Participants will:
- understand the key relationship between the Mental Capacity Act, DoLS processes and human rights
- be able to explain the ‘acid test’
- gain awareness of how a request for authorisation can be made
- gain an understanding of the roles and responsibilities within DoLS processes in health and care accommodation contexts
- know how to apply the acid test in health and care settings to identify a DoL
- gain an understanding of the DoLs assessment processes
- learn development of, and application of, knowledge to practice scenarios.
Who should attend?
For frontline staff, registered managers, and team leaders in care, health and related services.
Mental Capacity Act – Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards: in practice course is delivered over one day.
Ask about in-house courses
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 25 delegates, trained at your premises. It can be adapted to your organisation’s training and CPD requirements.
Book a place on an open course
We occasionally deliver this training course as a one day open access classroom course on selected dates. These courses are designed for individuals or small groups to attend.
No dates currently scheduled for this course.
Register for a MySCIE account and SCIELine, our regular email bulletin, to recieve details of when new dates are announced.