Webinar: Effective Clinical and Care Professional Leadership Guidance
Integrated care webinar series 2021/22
Strong clinical and care professional leadership will be crucial to delivering improvements in care and population health as we build effective integrated care systems across England. This is why NHS England and Improvement recently published guidance on the topic (found here), the culmination of an extensive engagement exercise with more than 2,000 professionals. This webinar sees professionals from around the country share their knowledge on how to make this a reality and join a discussion about common opportunities and issues.
The session explores how systems might meaningfully engage in decision making, the full range of clinical and care professional leaders at every layer of an ICS, and how they might strengthen professional collaboration across sectoral, professional and hierarchical boundaries. How can these changes be meaningfully implemented and what is the impact of working in this way? How will the guidance support the structural, legal and workforce changes that are set to form ICSs from 1 April 2022, subject to parliamentary approval.
- Chair: Roger Davison, NHS Director of Systems Partnerships
- Celia Ingham Clark, Medical Director for Professional Leadership and Clinical Effectiveness - NHS England and Improvement
- Penny Smith, Director of Nursing Leadership and Quality - NHS England and Improvement South West Region
- Professor Sandeep Ranote, FRCPsych Consultant Paediatric Psychiatrist and Director Mental Health & Clinical Transformation – Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership
- Caroline Trevithick, Executive Director of Nursing, Quality and Performance & Deputy Chief Executive, jointly with Primary Care colleagues - Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland CCGs.
Clinical and professional guidance
- This webinar recording features autogenerated subtitles which you can enable using the 'CC' button in the video player above.