Advanced co-production skills training course
This course takes your co-production skills to the next level.
Co-production is a simple concept. However embedding co-production in health and social care is a complex task and takes considerable skill to do well. This highly participatory session focuses on sharing experiences, identifying issues and finding solutions together.
Co-production is about working in equal partnership with people using services, and carers- it offers the chance to transform social care and health provision to a model that that offers people real choice and control.
The training will use a co-production approach and participants should bring issues they want to work on to the session.
This course will help you to:
- identify some of the barriers to meaningful co-production
- co-produce some solutions to some of the barriers
- improve your knowledge and confidence about how to put co-production into practice
Who should attend?
This one day course is aimed at professionals, carers and users of social care and health services who have worked on at least one co-production project and/or have experience of leading and managing co-production, participation or user/carer involvement in health and social care.
This course may be particularly valuable for organisations that wish to further develop their co-production approach by training a group of up to 25 people.
Participants are likely to be mixed group, with a range of roles including
- Co-production leads or managers
- Involvement, engagement or participation leads/managers
- Senior leaders with responsibility for co-production
- People who use services and carers who are active in co-production
- Chairs of co-production groups or boards
- Researchers leading the co-production aspects of studies
- Social work and health educators who lead on co-production or involvement
Advanced co-production skills course is delivered over one day.
Ask about in-house courses
This is a sample training course outline. It is based on approximately 25 delegates, trained at your premises. It can be adapted to your organisation’s training and CPD requirements.
Book a place on an open course
We are also delivering this training as a one day open access course. These courses are designed for individuals or small groups to attend. Book now for the following date: