Webinar 8: ICSs and people empowerment – how can we effectively give service users better control over their own health and care?
Integrated care webinar series 2020/21
This webinar recording looks at the role of ICSs in enabling people who use services to gain more control over their own health and care – ensuring people are at the heart of health and care services. The webinar looks at what needs to happen at place and at system level. It covers:
- The importance of giving patients more choice and the impact it can have;
- How ICSs can create the right partnerships and conditions to support an increase in personalised care, social prescribing and community-based support – and how to do that across health, public health, primary care, local government and the voluntary sector;
- How are systems using population health to do this?
- It also shares the latest work funded by the Coalition for Personalised Care, supported by SCIE, exploring how ICSs develop aligned and effective place-based approaches to social prescribing and community-strengthening.
- Chair: Alex Fox OBE, Chief Executive, Shared Lives Plus, NHS Assembly Member, Vice Chair, Think Local Act Personal
- A contribution from an Expert by Experience
- James Sanderson - Director of Personalised Care at NHS England and NHS Improvement
- Anna Hartley, Director of Public health, Wakefield Council, West Yorkshire and Harrogate ICS
- North East London ICS - Dr Stephanie Coughlin, Nina Griffith, Mark Scott.