Webinar: Thriving places - Delivering services with and for our communities
Integrated care webinar series 2021/22
How can we take decisions based on a shared understanding of the local population and how people live their lives to promote better health and wellbeing and address health inequalities? The Thriving places guidance recently published by NHS England and NHS Improvement and the Local Government Association (LGA), seeks to support all partner organisations in integrated care systems (ICSs) to define their place-based partnership working, and to consider how they will evolve to support the transition to the new statutory ICS arrangements, anticipated from April 2022.
This webinar, which is the fourth in the ICS development webinar series takes a closer look at some examples from health and care services, examines some of the wider determinants that influence the health of our populations – including housing, skills and education, employment support and the environment. How will the guidance support partners to build on existing arrangements, whilst not disregarding partnership approaches that are already working well? There’s an opportunity for discussion on approaches, opportunities and challenges.
- Chair: Julia Grace, Deputy Director of System Partnerships, NHS England NHS Improvement
- Dr Andy Brooks, GP and National System Policy Advisor, NHS England and NHS Improvement
- Cllr David Fothergill, Leader of Somerset County Council
- Dr Sakthi Karunanithi, Director of Public Health, Lancashire County Council
- Debbie McKinney, Service Manager Complex Lives, Adults Health and Wellbeing, Doncaster Council
The 2021-2022 webinar series looks at Integrated Care System (ICS) development, including the information, guidance and tools being prepared for publication as part of the NHS England and NHS Improvement ICS Implementation Programme; and sharing good practice and learning.