Commissioning care homes: common safeguarding challenges
- Alldred D.P, Barber N, Buckle P , Carpenter J, Dickinson R, Franklin B.D, Garfield S, Jesson B, Lim R, Raynor D.K, Savage I, Standage C, Wadsworth P, Woloshynowych M, Zermansky A.G. (2011) Care Home Use of Medicines Study, The School of Pharmacy, University of London, University of Leeds, University of Surrey.
- British Association For Parenteral And Enteral Nutrition, 'Nutrition Screening Survey in the UK in 2007'.
- DH (Department of Health) (2000) ‘No secrets: guidance on developing and implementing multi-agency policies and procedures to protect vulnerable adults from abuse’, London: DH.
- Help the Aged (2008) ‘The financial abuse of older people: a review of the literature’, London: Help the Aged.
- Marsland, D., Oakes, P. and White, C. (2007) ‘Abuse in care? The identification of early indicators of the abuse of people with learning disabilities in residential settings’, ‘Journal of Adult Protection’, vol 9, no 4.
- Menzies, I. E. P. (1977) 'The function of social systems as a defence against anxiety: a report of a study on the nursing service of a general hospital'. London, Tavistock Institute of Human Resources.
- O’Keeffe, M. et al. (2007) ‘UK study of abuse and neglect of older people: prevalence survey report’, London: NatCen/King’s College.
- Rai, G.S. (2010) ‘Burnout among long-term care staff’, ‘Administration in Social Work’, no 34, pp 225-240.
- Social Care Institute for Excellence (2011) SCIE guide 39, 'Protecting adults at risk: London multi-agency policy and procedures to safeguard adults from abuse'.
- Social Care Institute for Excellence (2011) SCIE report 49, 'Assessment: Financial crime against vulnerable adults'.
- Thomas.C, and Rose.J. (2009) ‘The relationship between reciprocity and the emotional and behavioural responses of staff’, Journal of Applied Research in Intellectual Disabilities, 2010, 23, 167–178.
- Wardhaugh, J. and Wilding, P. (1993) ‘Towards and explanation of the corruption of care’, ‘Critical Social Policy’, vol 13, no 1, pp 4-31.