Organisational change in social care
Updated: June 2018 | Free to use | Learning Management System compatible
This resource supports managers working in adult social care to be more knowledgeable about, and confident in the application of different approaches to managing change.
This resource is wholly based on a publication from the University of Birmingham’s Health Services Management Centre, working with Middlesex University and NIHR School for Social Care Research.
There are two main sections to this resource:
- Four case studies which illustrate how key approaches to change could be deployed within the social care workspace
- A directory of 32 change approaches and management tools based on a review of current literature, with a commentary on how core social care change principles can be applied to them
To view this resource you must register or login
Cookies must be enabled for this site before you can login
Frequently asked questions
SCORM compliant (on your LMS) version Open
If you are interested in hosting this e-learning course on your Learning Management System (LMS) or Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) we are able to help.
We can provide:
- Course content: A SCORM 1.2 or 2004 compliant version of the course.
- Course updates: We will supply you with course updates for an agreed period of time.
- Custom changes: We can help by making custom changes to the course to meet your specific learning and development needs.
Contact us to find out more about bringing our course to your learners on your platform.
v2.0 (June 2018) Technical rebuild of the course, which now works on mobiles, and is Learning Management System compatible.
v1.0 (June 2015) Original release of the course.
Terms and conditionsOpen
- An internet connection is required, with the ability to stream video content from YouTube.
- All material in these resources, including text, graphics, photographs, video and audio is copyright of the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE), unless otherwise stated.
- Use of this course is freely permitted, but commercial use is not authorised unless permission is first obtained in writing.
Recommended devices / web browsersOpen
SCIE recommends using the latest versions of device operating software and browsers to access our e-learning courses.
The minimum technical requirements are (depending on your setup):
- Chrome: Latest version
- Firefox: Latest version
- Microsoft Edge: Latest version
- Safari: Latest version
- iOS: 10
- Android: Marshmallow (6.0)
This course has been tested on a selection of Apple and Android mobile and tablet devices, running the latest web browsers.
SCIE cannot take responsibility if the course does not work on your particular device or software.
Please note: Usage of Microsoft Internet Explorer, including IE 11, is not recommended.