Quality improvement in health and social care
Published: June 2018 | Free to use | Learning Management System compatible
As a social worker or social care worker, have you ever thought that social care services could be done differently but you have no idea HOW to make any changes?
Quality improvement is something you need to know more about.
This online learning resource supports managers and staff working in health and social care to be more knowledgeable about – and understand – the process of using and implementing quality improvement methodology.
This resource provides social workers and social care workers with information about quality improvement and the associated tools that can be used within health and social care organisations.
By the end of this learning resource, you will:
- be able to consider making improvements in your service area using the model for improvement
- recognise what is required to motivate and involve other people in the improvement process
- recognise the importance and need for the service user to be directly or indirectly involved
- identify some qualities to help you become a quality improvement leader
There are two main sections within this resource:
- A core learning pathway which describes the steps to implement quality improvement using the model for improvement
- A number of case studies – both individual and organisational – which illustrate how quality improvement has been implemented and measured
The resource is based on content entirely supplied by the Health and Social Care Trusts in Northern Ireland.
To view this resource you must register or login
Cookies must be enabled for this site before you can login
Frequently asked questions
SCORM compliant (on your LMS) version Open
If you are interested in hosting this e-learning course on your Learning Management System (LMS) or Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) we are able to help.
We can provide:
- Course content: A SCORM 1.2 or 2004 compliant version of the course.
- Course updates: We will supply you with course updates for an agreed period of time.
- Custom changes: We can help by making custom changes to the course to meet your specific learning and development needs.
Contact us to find out more about bringing our course to your learners on your platform.
v1.1 (August 2019): Some minor bug fixes.
v1.0 (June 2018): Original release of this learning resource.
Terms and conditionsOpen
- An internet connection is required, with the ability to stream video content from Vimeo and YouTube.
- All material in these resources, including text, graphics, photographs, video and audio is copyright of the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE), unless otherwise stated.
- Use of this course is freely permitted, but commercial use is not authorised unless permission is first obtained in writing.
Recommended devices / web browsersOpen
SCIE recommends using the latest versions of device operating software and browsers to access our e-learning courses.
The minimum technical requirements are (depending on your setup):
- Chrome: Latest version
- Firefox: Latest version
- Microsoft Edge: Latest version
- Safari: Latest version
- iOS: 10
- Android: Marshmallow (6.0)
This course has been tested on a selection of Apple and Android mobile and tablet devices, running the latest web browsers.
SCIE cannot take responsibility if the course does not work on your particular device or software.
Please note: Usage of Microsoft Internet Explorer, including IE 11, is not recommended.