Principles of excellence: Enabling choice and control
These examples are of services that enable older adults to have more choice and control over where they live, and care and support they receive and how they live their lives. The future of housing with care and support must include a shift of power and control to people. Enabling choice and control means having independent and impartial information, advice and advocacy that is clear, specific and local.
View more about the Commission and its findings
- Commission on the Role of Housing in the Future of Care and Support
- Commission report: A place we can call home: A vision and a roadmap for providing more options for housing with care and support for older people
- Promising practice: Examples and case studies from across the sector that exemplify the seven principles of excellence
- Population survey: Findings from online survey of understanding and perceptions of housing with care options
- Cost-benefit tool: Tool to understand costs and benefits of residential care homes, retirement housing, extra care and Shared Lives